Business Development Manager
Mid-senior role. Full-time. Remote.
We're looking for a relationship-focused business development manager to join our fully distributed team.
This is a mid-senior role, so we are looking for applicants with good BD experience, ideally in an software agency environment.
You will understand relationship-based sales and be driven by a desire to help your clients which is equal to your wish to sell to them.
Our organisation is focused on serving social-impact clients, and an interest in these issues is a plus.
You will have the opportunity to grow this role, but should not be afraid of getting into the weeds as part of a small and close-knit team.
- Developing and maintaining client relationships
- Prospecting and lead generation
- Contributing to proposal development
- Representing SystemSeed at events and conference
- Account management
- Design and implementation of sales campaigns
- Supporting marketing activities
- Supporting financial planning
This is a client-facing role and any consultancy or similar experience will be a bonus.
We welcome applicants from ethnic minorities, those who are differently abled, and people who identify as LGBTQ+. We are an inclusive organisation and do not discriminate against religious or cultural backgrounds.
- Good written and spoken English
- Excellent people skills
- Sound business development, account management or sales track record
- An understanding of custom software sales
- Friendly and outgoing nature
- Good teamworking skills
- Strong sense of ownership of your contribution to a team
- An interest in social impact projects/tech for good
- Sofware agency experience
- Team leadership skills
- Understanding of Drupal and other FOSS technologies
- Consultancy experience
- Experience of PipeDrive or other similar tools
- Additional language skills
What we offer
SystemSeeders package of benefits and perks
- Competitive salary + commission structure
- 30 days holiday wherever you are (inc. mandatory Christmas break and any public holidays you wish to take)
- Flexible working hours with performance judged on delivery, not time spent at your desk
- Bi-annual performance reviews which include a pay review
- Work from your chosen location, either at home or a local coworking space
- Every Friday to work on non-client projects, such as your chosen open-source project or personal development
- Weekly team meeting with all staff, including CEO and CTO
- Annual team trips, usually around an international conference in Europe
- Agile working all day, every day
- Mental health support as desired through our retained therapist
- The opportunity to work on social impact projects
- A vote on where we donate 10% of our profits each year
How to apply
- Email us with a cover note and CV to [email protected]
- Include the following information with your application:
- No. of years and types of experience
- A description of the worst sales mistake you ever made (and what you did as a result)