New Business Manager
Senior sales role. Excellent package.
SystemSeed is on the hunt for a talented, mature, and thoughtful sales leader. This is an opportunity to join a growing agency and build a team. We offer the chance to work with social impact-oriented projects, provide an uncapped opportunity to earn, and welcome candidates who identify as BAME, LGBTQI+, or disabled. Technology and consultancy experience are essential.
You will be helping to drive the growth of our international, impact-focused agency and assist us in serving our community of NGO, charity, education, and other third-sector clients.
Initially, you will be working as our sole sales representative, expected to deliver outbound sales of $1m in your first year. Over time, you will begin mentoring other sales consultants to further grow our pool of clients and projects. You will also have the opportunity for promotion to account manager for all new and existing clients after 2-3 years.
This role requires hybrid sales and technology consultancy skills, and the ability to work with stakeholders at the highest levels.
You will be responsible for outbound sales at a minimum of $1m in your first year. This will include:
- Client research and targeting using our in house tools, external databases, and new tools that you may recommend
- Prospecting including making new connections in person, through Linkedin, by email, and any other relevant channels
- Creating positive relationships with decision-makers at potential client organizations
- Acting as a consultant to potential clients to help them work out what they really need and understand what’s possible for their project
- Proposal creation using our existing templates, adding extra content, and editing the current content
- Contract negotiation and closing of sales with new clients
- Client handover to our delivery team at the start of new projects
- Converting individual project contracts into ongoing support agreements
- Upselling existing clients onto additional products and services
- Outcome-focused pay:
- Base of $50k pa
- Uncapped commission
- 6% commission on 1st year of any new client relationship
- 3% commission on subsequent years of additional projects that you convert
- Expected earnings of $110k / $131k / $152k / $173k (yrs 1-4)
- Remote working from your choice of location
- 4-day work weeks after probation
- 25 days holiday
- Unlimited training budget
- 6-monthly reviews
- Mental-health support retained for all staff
- 10+ years of experience in senior roles (e.g. Operations, sales, marketing, or strategy)
- Of these 10 years, around half should have been spent in an agile digital agency, selling agency services
- Your digital agency experience must have included creating the sales strategy for the organization
- You must have helped create strategy for the clients of your previous digital agency
- You must have closed multiple contracts of $500k - $3m value - ideally solo or as the lead negotiator
- Native/excellent written and spoken English
- You should have a personal interest in impact work, whether in the field of international development, health, climate change, or another field
- Experience of working with or in NGOs, national government organizations, large charities is highly desirable
- We’d like you to come with a ‘little black book’ of relevant contacts and connections
- Account Manager experience is a bonus
We are a fully distributed, digital agency of 15+ people, creating ambitious technology solutions for high-impact clients. SystemSeed has a social impact mission, and our clients include UNICEF, the World Health Organisation, international charities, universities, and health & wellbeing organizations. Our average project has a value of $250,000k with a range of $100,000 - $700,000 pa per client. We aim to become a long-term trusted technology partner to every client.
Our commitment to client results is extremely high. We have been in operation for 12 years, and some of our clients have been with us for that whole time. This is partly because we only take our delivery team members from the top 2% of global talent and our people consistently perform at this level.
We are an integrated part of the international open-source community, and have a strong background in Drupal and React development. SystemSeed teams take an agile approach as standard, always iterating and improving on an ongoing basis.
Every year, we donate 10% of our profits to charities voted for by our team.
To learn more about us visit: https://systemseed.com/about
How to apply:
- Email us with a cover note and CV to [email protected]
- Include the following information with your application:
- No. of years and types of experience
- Who the first client would be that you'd approach for SystemSeed and how
Looking for something a little different? We'd like to talk
If this role doesn't seem like a perfect fit and you'd like to work with us in a slightly different capacity, we'd love to hear from you. Drop us a note with your CV to [email protected], and let us know what sort of role you're looking for.