Feature release: Resource downloads for ANU.Community
Add file resources inside ANU lessons for your students to download.
What's the feature?
Organisation admins of all account types can now add files to ANU.Community courses. They appear as part of a lesson, and learners are able to download these files to their devices.
Available file types include:
- .docx / .odt (Word documents and equivalents)
- .xls / .xlsx / .ods (Spreadsheets)
- .ppt / .pptx / .odp (Presentations)
How does it work?
- Have your file ready to upload and log in to your ANU.Community admin account
- Navigate to the lesson you want to add the resource to
- Click on 'add item' and choose 'resource' from the list of options
- Choose the file you want to upload
- Add a title for the resource
- Add an optional description
- Save the lesson
When would I use it?
You can use this new feature any time you want to provide a document for learners to download and refer to, for example:
- Lecture or interview transcripts
- Bibliographies and reading lists
- Research papers
- Assigment templates
- Homework instructions
- Presentation slides
- Spreadsheet templates
Videos and images can also be added, of course, and these have their own insert options.
I missed something - what is ANU.Community?
ANU.Community is a deceptively simple learning management system (LMS) for individual teachers, educational organisations and businesses built on Drupal. It’s been developed by SystemSeed to provide engaging and impactful learning for real people, with a UX based on extensive research.
It is based on the powerful ANU learning management system that is currently in use by organisations such as the World Health Organisation.
ANU.Community is deceptively simple and easy for teachers and students. Teachers create courses, break them down into modules and lessons, upload content, and add an assessment at the end. Students log in, access the lessons, track progress, take assessments, and chat with their teacher.